Treated Conditions Explained
Stress & Anxiety
In this modern world sometimes stress and anxiety can build up for us and put us in to the vicious cycle of a negative mind-set.Stress and anxiety is a very real problem, our government published the below findings in their 2018 Health and Safety Executive report:
“Work related stress, depression or anxiety accounts for 44% of work-related ill health and 57% of working days lost, in 2017/18.”
Stress and anxiety can show itself in a number of different ways, examples include:
- Panic attacks
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty with concentration
- Obsessive behaviours for example gambling, exercise, buying
- Lack of motivation
- Nail biting
- Drinking too much
Hypnotherapy can be very effective at helping you to shift your mind set in order to break that cycle.
Helping with getting you into the best place mentally in order to encourage a fertile state.
- Stress can have a big impact on our ability to conceive, Stress hormones affect the hypothalamus and pituitary glands and reproductive organs. In women under stress, the reproductive hormone prolactin is over-produced interfering with ovulation. The hypothalamus stops secreting gonadotrophin hormone, which in turn affects the release of both the luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone which stimulate ovulation.
- Hypnotherapy teaches you to let go of any emotional blocks or worries you may have that can create infertility issues, helping you to identify and process emotional issues that might be interfering with conception.
- Hypnotherapy is highly effective in stress reduction allowing your hormones to rebalance.
Hypnobirthing has become increasingly popular, with Meghan Markle even using it for The Royal Birth.
Women who participated in Hypnobirthing before and during childbirth noticed many benefits. Some of the common ones are:
- Deeper and more restful sleep both before and after the birth
- Feeling less worried and anxious about the birth
- Less worried about life issues in general
- Fewer digestive problems and less heartburn
- Lower blood pressure – this can be immensely important to anyone susceptible to high blood pressure, which causes pre-eclampsia
- Supports with connecting with the baby before it is born
- Labour more often than not begins spontaneously and there is less need for an induction
- When fewer or no drugs are used there is less risk of side effects for both mother and baby
- Labour is shorter. When the mother is relaxed and not in pain the muscles in the uterus contract more strongly. Pain can create resistance in the muscles to contract. Oxytocin levels, the hormone in control of the strength and duration of the contractions, are as they should be and not reduced by stress.
- A shorter, relaxed labour means that the mother has more energy
- When suggestions have been absorbed during trance for being able to stay relaxed and in control no matter what happens, the mother can remain calm and work with the hospital staff in a manner that helps everyone
- The atmosphere in the labour ward remains peaceful and tranquil
- Generally, fewer interventions are needed and fewer complications arise
- Babies sleep and feed better when they have fewer drugs in their systems
Clients usually have at least 4 sessions during their pregnancy starting with the Free Initial Consultation which lasts for about half an hour. It is beneficial for the birthing partner to attend sessions too if desired.
What is Addiction?
Addiction is very common, according to the charity Action on Addiction, 1 in 3 people are addicted to something. When you have an addiction, it is defined as not having control over doing, taking or using something to the point where it could be harmful to you. We most commonly associate addictions with smoking, gambling, drugs and alcohol but addictive behaviour can come in many forms, perhaps mobile phones, working and shopping for example and all these behaviours share similarities, regardless of the substance or behaviour involved. Addictions can not only harm your health but can often have an impact on those around you affecting personal relationships, work and the overall quality of your life.
How can hypnotherapy help with addictive habits?
Any need or habit you have and feel it to be getting out of control is at risk of becoming an addiction. The sooner that you act, the easier it is to overcome. Whilst you need the motivation and desire to change, Solution Focused Hypnotherapy and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) can help the you with the process of changing and stopping addictive behaviours. We’ll work together to help you to understand and reduce your cravings and desires. It can also give you an awareness of the triggers or underlying reasons for your reliance to give you back control.
Teen SupportBeing a teen can be difficult. I found being a teenager really hard! I went to two boarding schools and moved to 5 different schools in the middle of terms. Later on I managed to develop a strong sense of self and confidence. However during school I would have been so much happier if I had receive support to build my confidence and help with managing anxiety. Happiness is contagious, people like being around happy people. Teenage years are such an important time for brain development and should not be ignored! As the Neuroscientist and Psychologist Fabien van den Berg points out: During your teens and early twenties you are more or less in the last phase of development. The last areas to mature are the frontal areas of your brain. The ones we use for executive functions like planning, inhibition, reasoning, and problem solving. It’s like everything is ready, except the part that is supposed to keep it all in check!!!
PhobiasPhobias can really get in the way of living your life to the full. Sometimes they can make you miss events, not go for a certain job, take up your thoughts, prevent you from going to certain places etc. Your phobia is stored in your subconscious mind which is why Hypnotherapy can be so effective at targeting the phobia directly, as hypnotherapy gains access to the subconscious. What would your life be like without your phobia? If the answer is significantly different, and you are ready to make a change then Hypnotherapy could be just what you are looking for.
DepressionDepression can often leave an individual feeling incredibly isolated and like they are always facing an uphill battle. It often gets worse over time and can leave people feeling like they have no energy, they can’t sleep or want to sleep all the time and loss of passion and pleasure in things they used to enjoy. Hypnotherapy is considered to be highly effective for treating depression, showing much lower relapse rates than anti-depressants.
Lacking in confidence can prevent us from living the life we deserve to lead. Having extra confidence can help us achieve our goals and get what we want.
Hypnotherapy can help with improving confidence and how we feel about ourselves, by training you to think for the Left Pre-Frontal Cortex of your brain. This part of the brain is generally very logical, solution orientated and sees things from a positive point of view.